Tuesday 14 March 2017

Visiting The Fang Mechanic

Well today I finally bit the bullet, and paid a visit to one of my least favourite institutions. No, not the KAT Office in VT, although that probably runs neck and neck in the popularity stakes. My better half has been, friends have been, but if I can find an excuse to wheedle my way out of going I will do so. I am of course referring to the Dentist. I did venture into one a few years back, and although the treatment was OK, it did feel a little odd being treated in a glorified garden shed. I have to admit that I was even slightly nervous making an appointment for my better half the other week, even more nervous when I took her for the appointment last week, but absolutely bricking it when it came round to my turn today. Sometimes having a sweet tooth can mean that I am my own worst enemy, even more so when a liquorice toffee pulls out a filling. The toffee wasn't wasted though.

I guess that I might have a bit of a phobia about these people. Even walking into a dental surgery I get a mental image of the Dentist in Marathon Man. I have to admit that it has taken a while to find a fang mechanic that we are both 'happy' with. Maybe happy is the wrong word where I am concerned though. It is only a small dental practice, but it does seem to be quite popular. The good news is that it looks and smells clean, with that strange antiseptic type smell hitting you as soon as you step into the waiting room. There is no receptionist so everyone just sits there patiently, waiting their turn. People even turn up for emergency treatment without an appointment, and with no receptionist people are in and out speaking to the Dentist while she is carrying out treatment on a patient.

So today was the day, the boss lady was due to have the final fitting of a crown, and I was 'persuaded' to let the Dentist have a look at my teeth. I knew full well that I needed treatment, but I have been putting it off, and off, and off. I can safely say that I haven't had any aches and pains from my teeth, but if the boss lady is having treatment then apparently so am I. We got there about 10 minutes before our appointment, and the waiting room was quite packed, and there was a man in the chair being treated. So there was me thinking, "that's not so bad the Dentist is busy, so I can make an appointment for another day." Just as I thought that she finished treating the bloke in the chair, and we were spotted. I was like a rabbit caught in the headlights of a farmer's Land Rover, frozen to the spot.

I did have a stay of execution, as one of the women sat in the reception had come in for some emergency treatment, so she was next in the chair. The Dentist told us that it would only be a few minutes, and then it would be our turn. Twenty minutes later, and two nervous cigarettes, the emergency treatment was finished. The woman walked out on her own, and there had been no screams of pain, so things were looking up. On the downside it meant that my turn was getting ever closer. Net was now in the chair and the Dentist was wittering away, too quickly for either of us to fully understand what she was saying. Bless her, she has got a translation programme on her mobile, so she is now speaking into her phone and then showing Net the translation. Unfortunately Net's glasses were in her handbag, and that was out in reception with me, so I was summoned into the inner sanctum. With a bit of charades, pantomime and the translation programme we actually worked out what the Dentist was trying to say. So I was back out into the reception room while the treatment was carried out.

The waiting room was starting to fill up again, two women and two children. I started to think that with appointments running over that I might be able to escape, but once Net had finished I found myself sat in the chair staring up at the ceiling. I guess that the Dentist had worked out that there was a good change that I would make a bolt for freedom. Net certainly had as she was stood in front of the door, and that was the only exit that I could see. The good news with Net guarding the door, it also meant that no-one could burst in and speak to the Dentist. So it was time for me to pull up my big boy pants and try and get through the coming ordeal. There was a bit of prodding and poking, and me trying to speak round what felt like a mouthful of tools, and eventually the Dentist decided that I would have a temporary filling done.

I didn't notice any roadwork signs going up, but it felt like a pneumatic hammer was being utilised. The drill turned out to be even smaller than ones I have previously used working on printed circuit boards, but it felt huge. The temporary filling only took about 10 minutes to do, and I was instructed not to eat for 2 hours. So for the next 2 hours I had a strange antiseptic taste in my mouth. Something akin to a cross between a Victory V lozenge and a Fisherman's Friend, neither of which I am a big fan of. Perhaps I had accidentally licked the surgery floor or something, my mind does go numb but I am fairly sure that I would have remembered that.

So I now have another appointment for next week, to get the temporary filling made permanent. Perhaps I could get away with wearing a mask like this. For today's treatment, it cost the princely sum of 90 Leva, and that was for both of us. So even given the state of Sterling at the moment, that works out to be round about £40. Everyone we have spoken to rates this Dentist highly, and even though I will be nervous next week I don't think that I will have to be strapped in the chair like a victim of some Medieval torture. Maybe as the time gets closer that may well change. So spare a thought for me next week, and wish me luck. I'll try not to be a big girl's blouse, although does anyone know how long a temporary filling can last? Truth be told, the dental work that I have had done here has been so much better than that in the UK, although most of my UK work was carried out by the military so perhaps that is not too surprising. The good news is that the rather odd antiseptic taste has now disappeared, but I have yet to give this temporary filling a liquorice toffee test drive.

    


31 comments:

  1. For someone who's a bit long in the tooth,you're behaving a smite like a big crybaby at the dreaded dentist Mr.Bacon sir and in my century old experience with Bulgarian ones,I've found that they've improved quite a lot since the 1970-ties when I first accosted them.As those in London have regressed somewhat since the same period of time so chin up and keep saying:"aaah"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$.
      Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

      LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS.
      First Name:
      Last Name:
      Date Of Birth:
      Address:
      Sex:
      Phone No:
      City:
      Zip Code:
      State:
      Country:
      Nationality:
      Occupation:
      Monthly Income:
      Loan Amount:
      Loan Duration:
      Purpose of the loan:
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com


      $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE APPLY NOW $$$.
      Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

      LOAN APPLICATION DETAILS.
      First Name:
      Last Name:
      Date Of Birth:
      Address:
      Sex:
      Phone No:
      City:
      Zip Code:
      State:
      Country:
      Nationality:
      Occupation:
      Monthly Income:
      Loan Amount:
      Loan Duration:
      Purpose of the loan:
      Email: shadiraaliuloancompany1@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. If only you hadn't bit the bullet, nasty hard things. Not good for the teeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is that the tooth has been rebuilt, and at a fraction of the cost had it been done in the UK :)

      Delete
  3. Cant believe this is the first thing I read on fb this morning! I need some treatment and was thinking of going to my Bulgarian dentist who did my bridge a few years ago and at a fraction of what it would cost here. I need some work on a back crown and I will be in Bulgaria in May for a month and I doubt I would even get an appointment here for months. Thanks Nigel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you have a pain free visit to the Dentist

      Delete
  4. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email (urgentloan22@gmail.com) tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he contact Email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really i enjoyed very much. And this may helpful for lot of peoples. So you are provided such a nice and great article within this.

    Laser Root Canal Treatment In Chennai

    Best Dental Clinic In Velachery

    ReplyDelete
  7. APPRECIATION IS THE KEY TO DOING MORE. Is my pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far. I really don't know how to thank priest otaru for helping me get my ex back after 2years of break up. i came across his contact through a headline news on internet about how priest otaru help a woman to get her ex back,i contacted him and he told me that my ex will come within two days of casting the spell,i never believe this until i saw my ex in my house kneeling and begging for my forgiveness and accept her back again.Never doubt or worry your self in such problems,all you need to do is to contact him on otarusolutionhome@gmail.com HIS A MAN THAT TAKE CARE OF HIS CHILDREN

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi dear its very nice and very helpful post for those who are new and thinking to start a blog site.Your posts are very helpful and creative. I have atlast opened a blog site being inspired from your articles clik here and see about inverter


    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a collection of peculiar and totally off-topic comments! Anyway, you might like to read my blog. It is called "Bulgaria with Noodles" and you can find it at www.bulgariawithnoodles.blogspot.com
    My blog is supposed to be about Bulgaria, but at the moment I am living in China.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    Your Name:...............
    Your Country:...............
    Your Occupation:...............
    Loan Amount Needed:...............
    Loan Duration...............
    Monthly Income:...............
    Your Telephone Number:.....................
    Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Private Lender Bentex Funding Group Ltd.
    Greetings to you by (BFGL).
    We are a France-Paris based investment company known as Bentex Funding
    Group Ltd working on expanding its portfolio globally and financing
    projects.

    We would be happy to fund and invest with you in any profitable
    project if you have any viable project we can finance by making mutual
    investment with you. If you are interested, kindly contact us
    on:avitinvestmentauthority2@gmail.com for more details.
    Looking forward hearing from you soonest.
    Yours truly,
    Mrs Rose Larsson.
    (Personal Assistant)
    Bentex Funding Group Ltd(BFGL)
    509 Rue Jacques Coeur,75008 Paris-France
    Paris-France.Bentex Funding Group Ltd (BFGL)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Neil,

    The Expatriate Archive Centre (EAC) would like to invite you to join our Blog Archiving Project. We believe your blog would be of value to researchers and academics working on expatriate studies and, therefore, a valuable addition to our archive. You can find more information about the project on our website: https://xpatarchive.com/initiatives/eac-blog-archive/

    If you have any questions about the project or the EAC, please do send us an email at: blogs@xpatarchive.com

    We look forward to hearing from you!

    The Blog Archiving Team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Kris,

    I am writing to follow up on our invitation to include your blog in the Expatriate Archive Centre's (EAC) Blog Archiving Project. We are a non-profit and independent archive that collects and preserves the life stories and social history of expatriates. We are looking for insightful and articulate blogging to build a digital collection of high-quality expatriate blogs. We believe your blog would be of value to researchers and academics working on expatriate studies and therefore, a valuable addition to our archive. Your blog no longer needs to be active to participate.

    You can find more information about the project on our website: https://xpatarchive.com/initiatives/eac-blog-archive/

    If you have any questions about the project or the EAC, please do not hesitate to send us an email at: blogs@xpatarchive.com

    We look forward to hearing from you!
    Kind regards,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete

  14. HELLO TO ALL IN NEED OF FUNDS FOR BUSINESS OR PERSONAL REASONS.QUICK LOAN GIVE OUT FUNDS TO BUSINESS FIRMS AND INDIVIDUALS FOR JUST 1% INTEREST RATE. CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAIL EMAIL: Quickloan4343@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Union Cash Loan. You guys saved me! My car broke down, I couldn’t get to work, and payday was still a couple of weeks away. You got me the cash I needed to get my car repaired in less than 24 hours. Thank you In case you need a quick and reliable loan just contact (unioncashloan@gmail.com) or Whats-app them directly on +1 (716) 325-0752

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey
    Currently Bulgaria faces various issues, including air pollution from industrial emissions, rivers polluted from raw sewage, heavy metals, detergents, deforestation, forest damage from air pollution and resulting acid rain, soil contamination from heavy metals from metallurgical plants and industrial wastes.
    http://www.confiduss.com/en/jurisdictions/bulgaria/environment/

    ReplyDelete
  17. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  18. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a very nice post, it is really helpful for me, thanks for sharing info about SMS Marketing, and it will really help me to become a better marketer. Please, keep sharing, Have a great day.
    digital marketing chennai.
    digital marketing companies chennai.
    digital marketing company chennai.
    digital marketing companies in chennai.

    ReplyDelete
  20. When my boyfriend broke up with me 4 weeks ago..

    I did everything to get my boyfriend back but nothing worked.

    I contacted a relationship doctor i saw online.

    I told the relationship doctor everything,

    He promised to fix my relationship problem.

    I am the happiest lady on earth right now,

    Never too late to fix your broken heart.

    You can still get your lover back...

    Fix broken relationship/marriage...

    My relationship was restored as promised,

    My Ex-boyfriend came back,

    He promised never to leave me again

    Everything happened just in 3 days..

    Thanks Robinsonbuckler11 (@) gmail com

    Doris ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
  21. WORK WITH A HACKER

    When it comes to investing in general, the old proverb "if something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is" still holds true and should be kept in mind. This holds particularly true for digital currency. I invested a total of $280,000 since I saw that many profit-seeking speculators go to deceptive websites that offer so-called guaranteed returns or other arrangements that need investors to deposit big sums of money in order to receive even larger assured returns.
    Unfortunately, these false promises resulted in financial ruin when I tried to withdraw my money and discovered that I couldn't. To make a long tale short, I informed my husband, who then employed Captain Jack Crypto, a hacker, to help. Fortunately, we were able to restore what I've lost with the wizard's assistance. If you are interested in making an online investment, I advise you to conduct a thorough examination before committing to any kind of investment. If you have already fallen victim to an investment scam and are searching for a professional hacker, I suggest that you contact Captain Jack Crypto. Here are his contact details:

    Captainjackcrypto@europe.com is the email address he uses.

    ReplyDelete